Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I've been vegan for about a month and a half now. I went vegan after we got groceries last month which means, I really didn't have anything to besides canned fruit and brocoli. Plus I've been vegetarian(with occasional chicken) for 6 years. This month I added soy products, coconut millk(and yogurt), vegan cheese, and even tempeh and tofu to create balance.

A typical day for me is cerial or oatmeal with coconut milk sub for breakfast
1-2 svgs of steamed or sauted veggies for a mid morning snack
Fruit juice and something with atleast two of the following: vegan cheese, coconut milk, meat sub, or sour cream sub.
1 svg fruit for snack
And finally for dinner I have some kind of fruit juice, with a vegan pasta, bread, or rice with meat sub and veggies.

Heres my question, I've been tired, sluggish and I've had horrid stomach aches after everything I eat. Why is this happening?
Is there something wrong with the way Im eating? And do you think it'll go away with time?|||You know.. I know this is a crazy idea... but if you're really feeling that bad... maybe you should ask a Dr instead of YA.|||Yeah, because you're doing it all wrong.
Seriously, before you came Vegan did you not look it up?
Because there are loads of products to help you live healthily
without meat - why must you always have soya etc whats
wrong with beans on toast or chickpeas - something natural.

Right just look it up on google - you're like this because you're
lacking in nutrients

p.s. Yungoe I is a compete douche! Just speak to a nutristionalist scene as you're so clueless|||It's possible you have a mild coconut or soy allergy. It's not unheard of and it can manifest in upset stomach and sluggishness.

I would try cutting one or the other from your diet, or talking to a physician.|||im a vegetarian, and i dont get the most varied diet either i would suggest taking some food supplements i took them after i started feeling tired and sluggish you may become anemic so i would suggest iron tablets, vitamin B12 and a multivitamin :)|||yeah, probably because your f**king starving yourself... eat a steak, go have some fried chicken, eat like humans are supposed to, with meat and protein and fat and stuff|||Ick, I would too if I was drinking coconut milk and eating loads of processed food. That's a lot of saturated fat for a vegan.

Maybe you should swap out the coconut milk with a fortified soymilk, rice milk or almond milk to give you less fat and more calcium/B12.

Try increasing your wholegrains and leafy green veg for more iron, or even take some blackstrap molasses.

And I would probably try to increase my servings of Omega 3's and 6's, either through omega-fortified milk substitutes, walnuts, or cooking with walnut or canola oil.|||Are you getting enough exercise?
Do you sleep enough?
Could you have a food allergy?

And try eating better food.
Breakfast: Good, but add some fruit
Mid morning snack: Good, maybe add some nuts
Lunch: Stay away from the vegan cheese for a while. That stuff is overly processed. And stay away from mock meat/sour cream. Too processed. Eat some brown rice, veggies and chickpeas or tofu.
Snack: Good
Dinner: Have wholemeal pasta. And no fake meat or cheese.

Drink plenty of water. And don't have too many white carbs. That can make you feel sluggish. And I know I've already said it, but no fake meat! And have more fruit.|||Humans have evolved as omnivorous survivors. We are definitely predators as we have our eyes on the same side of our head, and teeth for cutting meat. By being vegan, you are running counter to millions of years of evolution and that is why you feel terrible. You are malnourished. Shed your psudointellectual reasons for not harming animals and become comfortable with your place at the top of the food chain and eat some meat along with the fruits and vegetables currently in your diet. You will notice that there are no vegan lions.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment